William2 Irwin Descendents
William IRWIN, son of John1 Irwin and Elizabeth Cunningham, was born -------. He served in the War of 1812 going north to battle Tecumseh's intimidating forces. He married Elizabeth FORESTER, daughter of Captain John FORESTER and -------. After first settling in Cumberland/Clinton County of Kentucky, William attemped to move his family to Texas. His wife had died at some point before the trip. Sadly, he and some of his children contracted Cholera(?) and died on the way west.
The children of William IRWIN and Elizabeth FORESTER IRWIN were:
Thomas Wood IRWIN
George Washington IRWIN
- Mary "Polly" IRWIN(b. about 1807 in Cumberland Co. Ky; d. between 1880-1890 another source cites 19 Jul 1832 in Lawrence Co. AL) married James DUTTON (b. 1807; d. 1883)
- William DUTTON married Merriam Maria(h) KEETON
- Lovey IRWIN (b. abt. 1808 or 1809 in Cumberland Co. KY; d. 2 Cot. 1826 in Lawrence Co. AL) married Thomas BROWN (b. 1806; d. 1871)
- Francis Cunningham IRWIN (b. abt. 1814 in Cumberland Co, KY; d. 23 Jul 1834 in Lawrence Co., AL) married Debby BEAMS
- John(3) IRWIN (b. abt. 1815 in Cumberland Co., KY; d. possibly in Walker Co., AL) married Martha --? who was born in 1824.
- William IRWIN (b. 5 Oct 1816 in Cumberland Co., KY; d. 19 Nov. 1849) married Susan Ann HERRING (b. 1823; d. 1894) - 6 Dec 1842 in Morgan Co., AL
-Martha Jane IRWIN (b. 1847; d. 12 Jul 1904) married - 13 Jul 1865 - James Osborn LOLLAR.
- Alexander Hart IRWIN (b. abt. 1815/1817 (two sources) in Cumberland Co., KY; d. bet. 1856-1859 possibly in Itawamba Co., MS) married Ellen BROWN about 1838 possibly in Walker Co., AL.
- Simeon Bramlet IRWIN (b. 1821/2 in Cumberland Co., KY; d. 1859)
- Elizabeth IRWIN (b. abt 1823 or 1824 in KY) - never married
- Margaret IRWIN died as a young child - birth and death in Cumberland Col KY
- Robert Forest/Forester IRWIN (b. 21 May 1826 possibly in Lawrence Co., AL; d. 1900 in Jacksonville, Cherokee Co., TX) moved to Cherokee Co. Texas in 1852 with his family and descendents of this group still live there.
First married to Sarah Ann WELLS (b. 1826; d. 1856) 4 Mar 1849 in Walker Co., AL, their children were:
- Sarah Elizabeth IRWIN - married William S. PHILLIPS (married 1875)
- Mary Jane IRWIN married John Benjamin MEADOR, a Baptist Minister - eight children
Second married to Nancy Ann WALLACE (b. 1830/9(?) AL, d. 1923)
- Cynthia Caledonia "Callie" IRWIN - married James M. WEBB - 4 children
- Martha Josephine IRWIN - died young
- Emily IRWIN - died young
- Clara IRWIN married Joel Perr HENDERSON - 8 children
- Nancy IRWIN married Charles Parker "Park" MARNICK
- Janett "Nettie" IRWIN married Woodward Frank CORNELIUS - 5 children
- Ida IRWIN married John YOUNG - no children
- Robert Foster IRWIN married Daisy BALL - son Robert Foster IRWIN died at age 26.
One of our helpful Irwin researchers, Juanita C. Johnson, has supplied some of the information on this family group. If you have questions about them, you may contact her by email
. Larry Irwin
and Cliff Vieira have also supplied information for this page. Thanks!
This page last updated November 15, 2001
© copyright by Carla Smith 2001