Cunningham Irwin Family
Lizzie Gee Irwin
E. C. Kinnett
sign the guestbook
view the guestbook
Thelma and Elmer Kinnett beside the post office in Horseshoe Bottoms
Elmer Cook Kinnett, often called "Doc" or "Preacher" (b. 1880 d. 1944), son of Charlie and Elizabeth "Betty" Toler Kinnett, married Eliza Clinnie Cooper(b. 1887 d. 1989), daughter of John Emerson Cooper and Martha Jane Vaughan Cooper. They settled in Horseshoe Bottoms in Russell County, KY. Farming was their livlihood. They also kept the post office in that community for many years. To this union, 7 children were born.
The children of E.C. and E.C. Cooper Kinnett are, however dates and their children's names will be left off of these to protect the privacy of these generations:
- Alma - m - Carlos Nelious Cooper (4 children)
- Margie Cooper - m - Dora Blankenship (6 children)
- John Preston - m - Ethel Harmon (4 children)
- Elizabeth died as a young child
- Thelma - m - Glen C. Bell (2 children)
- Charlie nm. died in his 30's
- Martha died as a young child
When the river communities were bought out to make way for Lake Cumberland. Part of the family went to Wayne County and part to Russell County.
Before you leave, please sign our guestbook. We'd love to hear either your comments or how you fit into this family.
This page last updated September 30, 2001
© copyright by Carla Smith 2001